Buddhist Teaching of the Day

"Speak few words, but say them with quietude and sincerity and they will be long lasting." -Lao Tzu

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Loving Kindness

I have to say I find it interesting that Dacher makes this the first thing you should do to prepare the groundwork for integrated wellness. Everyone wants to find love and wellness, but do we truly love ourselves as well? It has been said that we cannot truly love others until we love ourselves. I have lived most of my life hating myself, but I love my son more than life. Is this possible? What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand the negative self image. Sadly I think it is a learned behavior that is very difficult to unlearn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelley, I think you have a very nice blog site. I also have children 3 sons and one daughter. I can truly identify with you on loving them more than life . Here is my blog, www.timelesshour4.com.
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete